Saturday, September 26, 2009

Laughter Is Key

One evening, whilst stumbling about the internet, I came across a blog compiled of dialogue between a sassy, young couple. As I read on, the two became to feel painfully familiar. Somewhere, I'd heard the exact same wit and sarcasm before. The same salty discourse is the glue that binds my own relationship and not to mention, keeps the unconventionality alive. After forwarding a link to the blog to my boyfriend, Mike, and hearing his reaction, the next step was obvious. We needed a funny blog too! Thus, The Fashionista and the Five Head was born.

While the blog will be similar to it's inspiration, consisting of candid dialogue between my boyfriend and me, I'd like to spice it up. I'd like to air a little bit of what has kept me happy for the past six months. Together, the two of us are regular comedians, with the exception of the times we simply cannot stand each other. I've never been so delighted to be associated with someone who belongs to two such extremes. One minute, this man has me on top of the world and the next, I want to sit on his head (which I have). Somehow, we have manged to coexist for a half a year and keep the laughter alive. Sometimes the jokes are what keep us sane and push us forward (that, and beer, or so Mike insists). He challenges me and at times is beyond baffling, but for some reason, he is still my everything. I love, love, love my little fashionista barista.

No comments:

Post a Comment